Expert Tips for a Healthy Lymphatic System
What is the importance of the Lymphatic system?
Immunity – Supports your immunity by dealing with pathogens and cancer cells.
Fluid Balance – Rids your body of waste and fluids by running parallel to your circulatory system and maintaining your body’s fluid balance.
Nutrient Absorption – Absorbs fats, fat-soluble vitamins and proteins from your intestine, where you have intestinal lymph nodes.
Symptoms of stagnant lymph or lymphatic system problems can include:
- Swelling of tissues (often happens in legs, hands, feet, and can happen in your arms as well, which may not be water and could be swelling of fatty tissue)
- Pain – this could include fibromyalgia, the fat that is painful to the touch
- Feeling of heaviness in your legs
- Lymphedema (non-symmetric swelling of a limb, which occurs after some cancer treatments)
- Fat disorders, like lipedema or Dercum’s disease
- Circulatory problems (including venous insufficiency, spider veins, varicose veins)
- Lower legs look purple
- Loss of feeling in hands or feet
- Edema (generalized water retention)
6 tips to help Lymphatic Flow
- Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) is a gently rhythmical massage performed by a trained lymph therapist to detoxify and cleanse the connective tissue.This therapy flushes toxins and inflammatory wastes from the tissues. MLD can help to reduce inflammation by reducing inflammatory cytokines. https://beautykliniek.com/specialty-therapies/lymphatic-massage-san-diego/
- Whole Body Vibration exercises are a proven way to combat lymphatic congestion. By stepping on to a Hypervibe whole body vibration machine you enhance the circulation of lymph throughout your body and help with detox and lymphatic flow.
- Aromatherapy oils of Grapefruit, Lemon, Peppermint and Rosemary blended with Calophyllum will stimulate the flow of lymph – Varenya essential oils – Flow https://beautykliniek.com/shop/essential-oils/flow-essential-oil/
- Rebound for health Rebounding increases blood flow, stimulates the lymphatic system and may help improve balance, coordination, and overall motor skills.
- Deep breathing will help the Healthy Lymphatic System lymphatics to flow and also calm the mind.
- Exercise daily is the best way to keep your lymphatics moving.
Book your appointment today www.lymphatictherapyservices.com
Linda-Anne Kahn CIDESCO HHP CLT-LANA NCTMB, CMT CCN is an Internationally trained Beauty Therapist, Clinical Aromatherapist, Holistic Health Practitioner and Lymphedema Therapist. She is a Nationally Certified Massage therapist, State certified Esthetician and Certified Clinical Nutritionist.